Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

General Election goes to the wire....

A quarter of the votes in this area have probably been cast by post already, including mine, and tomorrow everyone else will have the chance to make their choice. I never make predictions about election results, but it is clear that this is going to be the closest contest since I first cast a vote back in 1974.
Bristol East Liberal Democrat Candidate Mike Popham has had a great response on the doorsteps, and we seem to have got more information through people'd doors than either of the other parties.
If your still undecided, please remember that only the Liberal Democrats will bring about the permanent change that our country really needs.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm voting Lava-Tory...
http://tinyurl.com/3a9htyb

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I was taken in by your rhetoric. 'Vote for us to keep the Tories out of Bristol' your newsletters would say. Well, I never expected this level of fundamental dishonesty from your leaders. Never ask me to vote your way again, NEVER visit me again. The Vichy Government in France had more principles than Nick Clegg.

Anonymous said...

Agree with the sentiments if not the words of the last correspondent. There has been a strong 'vote for us to keep out the Tories' line in this ward which now seems hollow and dishonest. If your party was principled and true to those comments it would have sought a partnership with the Labour party or not at all. I voted for you once. Now I sadly hold you in more contempt than the 'real' Tories